"Do not just hear the Word of God and think hearing is enough. DO what it says!" James 1:22

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lesson 10, Servants of God

Judges 6-8


Our Wrap Up from Mrs. Nelson...



Because of school responsibilities, Danielle Castleman could not be at our Thursday CBS daytime class in person, buts she blessed us with her "Gideon Moment" (as she called it) by writing out her story.


Mrs. Nelson summarizes Danielle's story for us...
"Basically in a nutshell, what she wrote out was how she had felt God calling her to use her singing ability to serve Him, but she thought that she was too young to lead in worship.  She finally accepted the call and began singing for the youth at her church.  Then she was invited to sing during the adult worship services where she continues to serve.  She felt privileged to be able to lead people of all ages in worship before the Lord.  She encouraged the kids to never feel like they were too young to accept a calling by God.  We were so blessed by her words."

Mrs. Nelson then told the students about her own Gideon Story which was her calling into CBS leadership.  She shares...

"At first when I stepped up to serve, my intention was to be a core group leader (not teaching in the children's dept.).  When the Teaching Director called me and told me that they wanted me to serve in children's ministry, I actually put her off for a month or two.  I was waiting on some type of confirmation (because I thought -certainly God's plans were for me to be a core group leader and NOT a children's teacher.)  Finally, I agreed.  Looking back, now I can see how that it was totally God's plan for me to lead in the Chrildren's Department after all (funny how that works ).  Now I am privileged to get to be in the Primary and Junior Deptartment and teaching some amazing students as well as serving alongside some amazing fellow teachers."

Mrs. Nelson asked the class if anyone felt like they had a Gideon story they would like to share with the class.  A young lady in Mrs. Nelson's class said that she felt like God was calling her to be a missionary.  She shared that she was still waiting on confirmation of this calling because being a missionary has never been "on her radar."  A young girl in Mrs. Gettelfinger's class shared that she felt God calling her to be friends with someone who was not the easiest person to get along with.

Mrs. Nelson also explained to the classes "that if God calls us to do something, He will equip us for it and will be faithful in seeing us through... just like Gideon."

0 comments: