"Do not just hear the Word of God and think hearing is enough. DO what it says!" James 1:22

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Three in ONE

Acts 2:1-21

Today Mrs. McKain used an apple to explain
how God is three different persons yet
ONE GOD.
*
At the time of Pentecost,
the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples
with such amazing power because
He IS God.
*
When we open our hearts to Jesus Christ,
His Spirit
has unleashed power.
*
I asked my class to think of one of
their most favorite or most exciting stories
that had ever happened to them.
(I was surprised at how many of them said they didn't have one.)
Then I told them ALL to explain it to me
AT THE SAME TIME.
It was quite loud and very difficult to understand.
Yet each one that participated had a story
and wanted to share it.
*
This is much like what the disciples must have felt.
God's miracles are far greater than
any of our exciting stories.
The Holy Spirit was just BURSTING
to share these miracles through the disciples.
*
I want that.  And I want it for each and every student...
to be BURSTING with God's goodness.
It is my prayer for each of us
to have a better understanding of God's amazing Holy Spirit
and the power He gives through knowing Him and loving Him.

DIG DEEPER...
Check out these scriptures for clarification
on our great God and Holy Trinity...

Genesis 1:2

Genesis 1:26

Malachi 2:10

John 1:1-4

Matthew 28:19

0 comments: